Corrosion Protection for the Many Stages of Metalworking
Cortec® metalworking products include Cutting Fluids, Lubricants, and General Purpose Rust Preventatives to help you work with metal in its many different stages—from forming and processing intermediate metal parts to machining and maintaining finished goods.
Activities such as milling, pickling, rolling, stamping, drawing, and other metalworking operations require a variety of coolants, lubricants, and/or rust preventatives to get the job done effectively while preserving the metal in like-new condition. Even after metalworking is done, lubrication and rust prevention are often needed to help the final component reach the customer corrosion-free and ready to operate smoothly.
Your product choice will depend on the specific needs and preferences of your application. The following questions can help guide your selection:
- Do you prefer a biobased, water-based, solvent-based, or oil-based product?
- Do you need a rust preventative that leaves an oily film or one that is dry to the touch?
- Do you require vapor-phase corrosion protection (e.g., in voids between coil layers)?
- Will your metal components be stored indoors or outdoors?
- How many months do you need corrosion protection?
- Do you want a product that is ready to use or one that can be diluted?
- What type of metal do you need to protect?
Almost all of Cortec’s metalworking products can be applied to multi-metal types, including several that incorporate yellow metal protection. Many of our rust preventatives are highly convenient and do not need to be removed before welding or further use. Any that do have to be removed can be easily cleaned off using standard alkaline cleaners such as the Cortec® 410 Series.
Although each of our products has been organized according to its primary function, many can be used for multiple purposes (e.g., rust prevention and lubrication). So, we invite you to be creative and think outside the box on when, where, and how you can use each product to your best advantage!